Greenslate Community Farm Policy - 17th March 2020
In these uncertain times Greenslate Farm remains a project that is there to support the local community. The Strawbale cafe and farm shop will remain open for business until such times as the government enforce closures. We are making every effort to ensure that our practices avoid the spread of corona virus and we would urge our customers to do the same by not visiting if they are experiencing symptoms, or have been in contact with someone showing symptoms, and by exercising rigorous hand washing and minimising contact with others. We also encourage customers to pay by card rather than handling cash.
Currently we have implemented a number of measures including:
- Removing all items from the tables and sanitising condiments and menus on a daily basis.
- Additional sanitising of table tops, shop furniture and door handles throughout the building.
- Asking staff to undertake a daily temperature check before attending work for signs of fever.
- Additional hand washing and general hygiene practices for all staff.
- All our menu is available for take away and we can take pre-orders by phone.
We will shortly be offering a ‘non contact’ delivery service based on guidelines implemented in China and Italy, for all our groceries, ‘ready meals’ made fresh at the cafe every day, and cakes.
We hope that we can continue to support the local community, especially those currently self isolating, and we hope the community will continue to support the farm where possible by spreading the word that we will be providing delivery services even in the event that the cafe is required to close.
Education and Kid’s Club
Dear Parent / Guardian
Re Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Chief Medical Officers have raised the UK risk from moderate to high in response to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak (Covid-19) and is undergoing daily updates by the health authorities and Government.
Greenslate Community Farm can reassure you that we have had no confirmed cases on site and that the health and welfare of all our service users are the priority for us. As schools and other services may choose to close, we believe that children will still need to thrive and have a creative outlet for their wellbeing. As a result, we will continue to operate our services to the community but will continue to assess the situation and take advice from Public Health England.
What we are doing to protect service users
- We are assessing the situation daily and will continue to do so, updating our policy as needed.
- We have implemented a full disinfection and clean down of all public areas and surfaces used by our service users.
- All indoor spaces are well ventilated and cleaned before activities.
- Activities are to be conducted outside where ever possible to reduce confined spaces and keep safe working distances.
- Hand washing is regularly scheduled and gel is used during activities.
- Break times will take place in the Polytunnel to give a larger space for seating arrangements and extra ventilation, or in good weather conditions, outside.
- All cups and cutlery used will be disinfected prior to use.
- All staff are monitoring their health on a daily basis and self-isolating if they suspect they are showing symptoms.
What we ask from you
- If you suspect your child has symptoms, please refrain from attending activities on the farm.
- Please allow extra layers of warm clothing as more of our activities will be conducted outside.
- Please notify us if your child may be sensitive to certain cleaning products or have skin irritations aggravated by cleaning products.
- Should your child contract Covid-19 and have recently attended activities at the Farm, we would be grateful if you could notify us so that we can assess the risk to others as part of our ongoing action plan. Any information will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Of course, we will continue to assess the situation and should we have to change any arrangements we will do our best to notify you. If you have any concerns or questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 07551642001. We thank you for your ongoing support.
Greenslate Education Team
Obviously, the situation and government policies are changing day by day, so we will update our policy, website and social media when it is appropriate to do so.