We are looking for an enthusiastic person who has experience working in social care/learning disability sector, ideally with a keen interest in horticulture, farm/nature-based activities, and sustainable food growing systems.
This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, making a difference by empowering people to develop their skills in a therapeutic, outdoor environment!
The successful candidate will lead on safeguarding, co-ordinate our experienced and dedicated team to offer meaningful activities to our service users, and thrive on variety. They will share their skills and abilities to engage with people from all walks of life, promote and manage the highest possible levels of service.
As part of this, they will be expected to confidently liaise with referral agencies, partner organisations and health services.
This managerial position is on a full-time (Monday to Friday) basis to cover Maternity Leave until approximately July 2022, with the possibility of extension. We envision that this role will largely be based in our office and classroom, but there will be time on the farm and so adaptability is required.
- (Maternity Leave) Care Farm Co-ordinator, expected to be until July 2022 with possibility for extension
- Greenslate Community Farm, Billinge, Wigan WN5 7BG
- £12 per hour, 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- To start as soon as possible
- Minimum requirement: Level 3 Health and Social Care or relevant equivalent, with significant management and safeguarding experience
- Closing date: 01/11/21