Greenslate Community Farm was established by volunteers in 2012 to provide the community with locally and sustainably grown, highly quality food, and to raise awareness about the environmental impact of food production. Our café offers simple, home cooked food using high welfare produce and, wherever possible, our own, organically produced vegetables. We aim to increase awareness of and appreciation for seasonality and ethically produced food.
We are looking for an experienced cook to join our small kitchen team, creating exciting and healthy dishes which maximise the use of our own, farm grown produce.
The successful candidate will have experience working in café or restaurant kitchens, including baking and cooking for special diets. The role will entail catering for day to day customers as well as parties and evening events. They will mostly work as part of a small team but will also be confident managing the kitchen without supervision.
The farm provides opportunities for people with special needs to gain work experience, and the position will entail working alongside students in the kitchen. As this is a small café with a limited staff, all staff are required to undertake all aspects of the kitchen operation including pot-washing, cleaning, and cleaning the café.
A good understanding of environmental health requirements is essential.
Requirements of the role
- Commercial kitchen experience
- Broad range of cookery skills including baking and cooking for special diets
- Food Safety/Hygiene qualification (Level 2 minimum)
- Creativity, adaptability and enthusiasm
- Good communication skills and self motivation
- Good organisational skills and record keeping
If successful at interview the candidate will be required to attend a trial shift in the kitchen. Depending on the candidates we may offer one full time or two part time roles.
- Salary: £10 per hour
- Hours: 14- 35 hours generally between 8.00am and 5.00pm, including regular weekend shift pattern and occasional evening work
- Workplace Pension subject to hours and eligibility
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or post to:
Greenslate Community Farm
Wigan WN5 7BG